Popular benefits of a custom made lace wig unit:
- #1 reason to go custom is proper fit: this eliminates being forced to glue or tape the unit to unwanted areas such as your own fine baby hairs of which is the #1 cause of hair loss when wearing lace units & frontals. It’s important to remember that lace wigs are not one size fit all. When choosing a stock unit DO NOT base your fit off of the circumference size alone. The circumference can be exact, however the remaining 5 measurements need to be within at the least 1/2 of an inch smaller than that of a stock unit to ensure that a sufficient amount of skin is available for liquid and or tape adhesion without compromising your natural hairline if present. For example if your front to nape measurement beginning from your natural hair in the front to the edge of your natural hair at the nape is 14″, then the front to nape of the wig should be 14.5. Click here for detailed measurement instructions.
- Create and submit a Head/Hairline template: Do you have protruding temple points? Does your natural hairline recede at any point? For some, creating and submitting a hairline template at the least will result in the most natural looking unit or frontal piece. A template allows your unit to be created to mimic the unique natural curvatures present with your own natural hairline and or shape of head. Having a hairline that mimics that of your own may yield a more realistic look for some. It’s definitely an option to consider.
- Customize your density: One main focus at GHOH is to provide units that will look most natural. We’ve already created density formulas to create the most natural appearance for most, paying special attention to the hairline, however you have the option to choose one of our pre-formulated density levels or create one more specific to your needs by using the density chart to specify desired density levels in specific areas to meet your needs.
- Choose cap styles specific to your needs or lifestyle: Looking to achieve and even more realistic scalp appearance without the use of stocking caps, knot bleaching, make-up and other tricks? Try the hidden knots options. Having trouble getting a lasting hold in the nape area? Try full lace with thin skin at the nape( indicate in special instructions box of chosen form) View cap style options here.
- Color choice: You have the option of choosing specific colors, highlights, two toned colors (ex: #1b roots fading to #4) or even mix colors to create your own unique blend. View color chart here.
- Length: Get your unit as long as you want. (Hair is measured from crown to tips, this is usually approximately 2″ shorter than what you may have experienced with weft/track hair. Hair is measured before curl/wave patterns are added please measure accordingly. If you want a 20″ curly unit order a 22″ to achieve the desired length.
- Hairline: Have a widow’s peak? This is yet another option when ordering a custom lace unit or frontal.